Saturday, September 6, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Micky and I celebrated our 9th anniversary with a delicious dinner out at Anthony's on the river. Our plan for patio seating was interrupted by a rain shower, but we still had a beautiful view of the falls from the window inside. The Northwest is such a gorgeous place to call home.

Here's a countdown for our 9 years:

9 - Fun and frenzied and blessed years as a married couple- MANY ups and downs included
8 - Legs running around from practice to school to work and church and the lake... and home!
7 - An amazingly smart and sweet 7-year-old graces our world everyday - Benjamin
6 - Means of transportation- if you count the waterways and the highways and by-ways
5 - Our delightful, funny and creative 5-year-old who lights up our lives - William
4 - Sets of arms to embrace, hug, comfort, nurture and even pick up one another (if need be)
3 - Jobs that keep us busy- Engineering, Nursing and Parenting
2 - Beautiful homes that we share: Our little house and fantastic cabin on the lake
1 - More sweet little one on the way!

We thank God for these blessings and those too numerous to count that we expereince each day
Here's to many more anniversaries to follow!

3 comments:

Beer Momma said...

Yay! I'm so happy I got a chance to "catch up" with you guys! Way to dive into cyberspace and from the looks of it Zibby, you are already a pro! Congrats with the new human you are growing! I can't wait to see pics of the cutie. :) ~Brandi

Anonymous said...

Great Job on the blog. I'm impressed. So nice to have an invitation into the current events of the Merritts. I miss you my friend. Hope we can connect soon.
You are looking so amazing. The pregnacy looks so good on you. You beam happiness! Rebecca

Smith Family said...

Zibby~Hi there, I did not know you were pregnant!!! Congratulations. The last time I saw you was right after your Grandma died and you were so sad. I am happy that everything is looking up again. I hope we can see you when Jenny is here in a few weeks.
Good to find your blog!
Love, Krista

Feels like Home...

Did you ever come to a place and instantly recognize it as your ‘Ultima Thule,’ the one spot in all God’s world where you belonged- where your roots could go deep into the soil which would forever nourish you, where inspiration and spiritual blessing welled up from the earth to the top of the tallest Tamarack, spread to the encasing bowl of sky, return on every waterway to feed you everlastingly? Such a spot, so it seemed to me, was Priest Lake. ~ Nell Shipman, 1924