Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fortunate Son

Yesterday was a day that I just sort of needed a pick-me-up. After a weekend of work I needed to do some mad Catchingup, which I am still in the midst of.... I gave Ty the option of hanging out with me and running errands or going to school. "I hang wiff you, Mahm." Why not. So we headed out from St. Al's on our errands to Michaels and Target and the highlight-- Cash and Carry. It's a Monster grocery store- sort of like a mini-Costco. For Restaurants and those coffee hut places we have so many of in Spokane. Deals to be had. Of course, a final bill of $248 does NOT seem like a savings if you're my husband, but trust me. You have to spend to save. That's what I always say, anyways. So perhaps it was the need for some additional positive feedback in my life. Perhaps it was related to the fact that Tyler had just dumped my Starbucks skinny latte' all over Starbucks (my FIRST pick-me-up attempt of the day) but these cookies sure sounded good.
A LOT of cookies. I mentioned it was a store for restaurants, right? You'll be happy to note the serving size is 4. And there's 40 servings in the bag. So we're set for at least a week, no? I downed 9 yesterday and I'm rapidly approaching that number today (as evidenced by the enticing fortunes listed above.)
No fat.
No worries.
No problem.
Perhaps that might become their new international slogan.
Regardless, they're delicious and I now know that I will come into money, I have important new business developments coming up, I'm never selfish with my help or advice and I will be successful in romance. What more could you want? I mean it says right here : 'You have a winning way. Keep it.' Talk about POSITIVE feedback. I love these things. Everyone is the winner. 160 feel good happy moments.
But perhaps the BEST fortunes come from Tyler's cookies. I won't even TELL you how many I've given him because it's so dang cute... Everytime. Each one he opens up: "I read it Mahm. I read it" (pause) "I. Be. Nice." I can't get enough of it. I howl. Read the next one, Ty. "Otay. I read it" (pause) "I. Be. Nice." And I explode again. I be nice. Can you stand it? Fortunate Son.
Fortunate Mom. Best. Pick-me-up. Ever.

No comments:

Feels like Home...

Did you ever come to a place and instantly recognize it as your ‘Ultima Thule,’ the one spot in all God’s world where you belonged- where your roots could go deep into the soil which would forever nourish you, where inspiration and spiritual blessing welled up from the earth to the top of the tallest Tamarack, spread to the encasing bowl of sky, return on every waterway to feed you everlastingly? Such a spot, so it seemed to me, was Priest Lake. ~ Nell Shipman, 1924