I am officially behind in my blogging. Lost that blogging feeling. Well, not the feeling... just the time. I keep waiting for that uninterrupted session when I will bust out some serious blog-journaling entries: Easter, Will's V.I.P. week at school, piano recitals and team try-outs, Our birthdays, our trip to Portland. Instead I have been enjoying sleeping in 8+ hour stints and getting my heiny into shape with Jillian Michaels- ouch.
I was starting to feel overwhelmed. But today was one of those epiphany moments for me. Tyler and I were our mowing the yard, because IT's NiCE out. I know. Only 8 months of Winter it seems. We hit the 70 degree mark and I have renewed vigor for life, and outside chores. And Ty was pushing his bike around like a lawn mower and stopping every so often to point up into the sky, "Airpane Mama! Airpane!" And I'm mowing along, "Yes honey, so neat..." And then he pops into his sandbox that I helped him create (which is the best money I have spend in A LONG time) and will stop and get out and point, "Airpane. It's a Airpane!" "Wow, Ty. How cool is that?" It's like a special treat... just for him. They're just flying around there at 8,000 feet or whatever so Tyler can find them and delight in them. Nevermind that people use them for transportation or whatever... he doesn't care. He doesn't know. He's just waiting for that moment of hide-and-seek airplane and then he gives it proper recognition and goes on with his day only to wait for the Next One which is equally delightful.
How awesome is that? I know it's the little things. With Ben it was "Seetee (City) Bus, Mama." With Will it was "woooohoooohoooo, Fire Tuck, Mom." And we kept our eyes peeled for years, literally for these treats in the mundane. Something to delight in. And that's what hit me today...
You. You are what I delight in, my boys.
"I made the team!"
"I'm Farmer Brown!"
"I read the Whole thing!"
"I chose the longest Book!"
"Airpane, Mommy!"
"Airpane, Mommy!"
This-- is delight in the everyday. The rest can wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment