Monday, February 23, 2009

A Wonderful Faith-Filled Weekend


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

We had an amazing weekend as a family and find ourselves truly blessed. Our family and friends surrounded our boys as we watched them grow closer to God and grow in their faiths.


Tyler was baptized by his Grampy on Saturday night at St. Aloysius. It was a beautiful ceremony and the light of Christ shone brightly in the elegant church.

Tyler's Godparents traveled from near and far. Our long-time friends Chuck and Tamara Liska and Micky's sister- Aunt Sunnie took on the role of loving and supportive Godparents. They will no doubt be great examples for Tyler of how to live a Christian life.


On Sunday, Benjamin received his First Holy Communion and was also Confirmed in the Catholic church.

After months of classes and preparation he made the decision to confirm his faith and was blessed by the Bishop and the Holy Spirit. He chose Chuck and Tamara as his sponsors and the weekend with the Liska family has shown us how fortunate we are to have such amazing friends to live the examples of Christain family love.

We are so proud of him.

And of course that meant parties! There was a lot to celebrate! So on Saturday after Tyler's baptism we had dessert, drinks and good company at our house...

And on Sunday my parents and visiting Aunt Margy and Aunt Tess provided a delicious luncheon. What a treat! And fabulous company as well.


I wish that I could put all the fun pictures on our little blog here, but alas- that would take more time than I have and more talent as well. So we'll keep you posted. And thank you to our friends and family for your prayers and love and support. We love you all!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I really really enjoyed hearing about your faith and those important steps your boys are taking! Thanks so much for sharing.

(and book club's always a little less funny when you aren't there, I must say!)

Feels like Home...

Did you ever come to a place and instantly recognize it as your ‘Ultima Thule,’ the one spot in all God’s world where you belonged- where your roots could go deep into the soil which would forever nourish you, where inspiration and spiritual blessing welled up from the earth to the top of the tallest Tamarack, spread to the encasing bowl of sky, return on every waterway to feed you everlastingly? Such a spot, so it seemed to me, was Priest Lake. ~ Nell Shipman, 1924