
Every year I dread it. Some Moms can't wait for the First Day of School. I get excited with the kids when we buy the new crayons and sharpen the pencils because I remember the fun of starting new and seeing friends, but man- I hate saying goodbye to them. Ever. And I don't miss the driving all summer long, but what a better place to send them then St. Aloysius. Their home away from home. When you drive up and the bagpipes are playing and they start the year with the Pledge and a Prayer I know it's worth the sacrifices to have them there. Learning in sooo many ways how to be Christian boys .

And it looks like they were ready to go. Tyler, too this year- back to Toddler Co-op at Manito.

Such handsome boys. We've already lost 3 of these sweatshirts I'll just note that here. Sigh.

Ben settled in to Fourth grade with Mrs. McIntyre. He loves the planner, the organization and he was delighted to share that he's in the "highest reading group" and sitting next to friends. Ben reports his favorite subject is still math- and certainly not spelling. Sounds
a bit like his father, no?

We are blessed that William has Mrs. Crance for First grade. She's the best reading teacher and raised 4 boys of her own, so she more than gets it.

Will was a little too excited to see his buddies. The 3 amigos Liam, Nolan and Will from Ms. Patty's class needed a little reigning in... seems they didn't think that whole "sit down and listen with the rest of the class" applied to them....

But it sunk in. Like I said, it's hard to say goodbye. Especially for the littlest Merritt. Tyler was a mess looking for "Bobo" (Ben) and "Wool" (Will) all day.

But his first day of school came too.
.JPG)
And he was full-steam ahead with Teacher Brenda and our fun Thursday mornings at Manito Co-op. And this year with his cousin!! "MeMe" (Amelia)

Here's to a great year of learning and fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment