Sunday, November 30, 2008

Oh, Christmas Tree!

Another trip out to Aunt Sue and Uncle John's property in the country... this time to find our Christmas tree. We had to go with Plan B this year. Mom wasn't up for the weekend trip to the cabin with so many unknowns and a baby 2 weeks away. Although I can deliver Other Women's Babies in a pinch if I have to, I'm not sure that I could deliver my own! Micky wasn't up for that challenge either. So, with a powder-sugar snow flurry the day before we ventured out to Colbert in search of a Charlie Brown Tree. Just Kidding. Ours looks remarkably good this year compared to what we're used to!

William and I have the same issues with trees in regards to Dad's criteria of "Will it fit in our living room?" Our eyes are a bit bigger than our ceiling...

Here's the beauty that Benjamin found after much careful searching and snowball throwing!
Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree! How lovely are your branches! TIMBER!

It's so nice to have our halls decked, the Nativity set up and the stockings hung by the chimney with care. Happy Advent as we prepare the way for Baby Jesus and our little one as well....

No comments:

Feels like Home...

Did you ever come to a place and instantly recognize it as your ‘Ultima Thule,’ the one spot in all God’s world where you belonged- where your roots could go deep into the soil which would forever nourish you, where inspiration and spiritual blessing welled up from the earth to the top of the tallest Tamarack, spread to the encasing bowl of sky, return on every waterway to feed you everlastingly? Such a spot, so it seemed to me, was Priest Lake. ~ Nell Shipman, 1924